Education at the IPM
The 2019 International Plowing Match & Rural Expo (IPM) is a showcase of agricultural excellence that aims to teach about agricultural practice and allow students a closer look at farming in its many forms. The experience promises to be interactive and informative, and presenters will engage students of all ages throughout their day at the Match.
Along with the education tents, students and staff will have the opportunity to:
- explore displays and demonstrations of various farm equipment with a provided passport leading them to “hotspots” in tented city.
- learn about the heritage and history of Ontario agriculture
- enjoy live performances by various entertainers
Register Your School to Attend IPM 2019
The IPM typically hosts between 8,000 to 12,000 students over the five days. We encourage you to begin planning for your attendance by:
- Registering your school
- Booking your busing – this is up to each school to book. Transportation information will be updated closer to the match.
- Reviewing the materials posted on the IPM Education web pages
Educational Resources and Activities
Scarecrow Creation – Have your scarecrow made by June!
Education Program – What to see and do – Coming soon!
Ontario Curriculum and Learning Activities – Coming soon!
The History of Plowing – Teacher Resource
Educational Links for Teachers
Ketchup On My Fries colouring book
We can’t wait to see you at the 2019 IPM!