The International Plowing Match & Rural Expo (IPM)
September 22 - 26, 2015 in Finch, Ontario
The IPM is the largest show of its kind in North America!
- 1000 acres of farm fields become Tented City, competitive Plow Fields, an RV Park and more
- Attendance averages over 75,000 each year
- Opening Day Parade on Tuesday, September 22
- More than 150 plowing competitors in 7 classes
- Over 600 exhibitors
- Entertainment including:
- Glengarry fiddler Kelli Trottier
- Stormont-born, Nashville entertainer Greg Hanna
- Educational exhibits for students (schools can register online)
- Ontario Queen of the Furrow Competition
- Something for everyone!
Organizations and Businesses - Download the Exhibitor Information handbook to find out how to book your exhibitor space.
Buy advanced tickets online until September 1.
If you purchase your tickets online before August 1, you will be entered for your chance to win a helicopter ride and a $100 credit to spend at the IPM General Store!
Plow Day 2015
On Saturday, May 30th, 150 plowing enthusiasts attended Plow Day in Ingleside, at the farm of David Brown Construction. The day was mostly clear, and the severe storms that were pelting much of Ontario held off until after everyone had headed home.
Four well-known plow persons hit the fields to demonstrate the art of plowing. A big thank you goes out to Jean-Marc Dessaint (antique), Allen Hills (conventional), Bob Campsall (roll over) and Kim Hadwen (horse with sulky), and also to the judges who explained the intricacies of competitive plowing to the visitors. At lunch, pulled pork sandwiches and salads were served and throughout the day the local 4H Club helped everyone stay cool by selling ice cream.
The Ontario Plowmen’s Association sends many thanks to David Brown and his team for hosting an excellent day of knowledge sharing and seeing friends, old and new. And, thank you to all who attended and made the day fun and memorable!
Keep up with all the latest news and events!